Here at Powerhouse Electrical, we are the UK’s leading electrical experts. From domestic properties to commercial businesses, we provide a wide range of high quality electrical solutions and installations. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about smart home automation systems and devices.
What are the most popular smart home systems?
Smart home systems allow you to control and secure all of your smart home devices. This offers a simple way for you to build daily routines, and schedule actions from your smart devices, without having to open individual apps for each single device. The convenience of the smart home system makes it much easier for any homeowner to jump into the smart home movement without becoming overwhelmed. The security that connecting each device through a dedicated system can provide is also a big reason for the rise in popularity of these smart home systems. The most popular smart home systems include:
- Amazon Echo
- Google Nest Hub
- Samsung SmartThings
- Apple HomeKit
What are the most popular smart home devices?
Smart home devices are all of the individual devices that you can install throughout your home. These are connected to the internet to be controlled via an app or control system that allows the device to be turned on and off, to be scheduled for use at a certain time, and even to measure the usage and cost. There are many popular smart home devices that are found throughout a range of homes, including:
- Smart light bulbs and lamps
- Smart doorbells, locks and security
- Smart fridges/dishwashers/washing machines and other white goods
- Smart blinds
- Smart vacuum cleaners
- Smart TVs
- Smart thermostats
What are the considerations for smart home automation systems and devices?
When choosing smart home automation systems and devices there are a number of things to consider. These include:
- Compatibility- while Amazon Echo offers the largest amount of compatibility for a wide range of devices from a large pool of manufacturers, other smart home automation systems don’t have the same amount of compatibility. For the most part, you will need to ensure that any smart home device you install is designed to work with your smart home system, or you will need to run and secure this independently.
- Future Proofing- when choosing a smart home device or an automation system it is important to consider the future developments in this area, and whether this current model will be a good investment. Currently, if you can’t quite find what you are looking for in a particular device, waiting just a month or so can be better than compromising, as innovative solutions are being released regularly.
We can install a wide range of smart home and automation equipment here at Powerhouse Electrical. This includes thermostats, smoke detectors, doorbells, and smart security cameras to help keep your home safe and up to date. You can also be sure of great customer service, and professional installation when you choose our team at Powerhouse. So why not get in touch today?