From domestic properties to commercial businesses, we provide a wide range of high quality electrical solutions and installations. This includes installing electric vehicle chargers in both domestic and commercial properties. As OLEV approved installers, we can even install this as part of the Workplace Charging Scheme. But what is this scheme? And why should you consider installing an EV charger in your workplace?
What is the Workplace Charging Scheme for electric vehicles?
The Workplace Charging Scheme is a government scheme by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV). Otherwise known as the OLEV Grant, this scheme has been an essential catalyst for many businesses and companies to install EV chargers in the workplace. This is because this scheme reduces the purchase and installation cost of a single socket workplace charging station by about 75%. This is capped at £350 per socket but it does mean a giant saving for your company. A business can claim for a maximum of 40 charging points, which will be either 40 single socket charging points, or 20 double socket charging points. However retrospective claims are not accepted.
Is your business eligible for a Workplace Charging Scheme?
To take advantage of this great opportunity and to put your business on the map there are some eligibility criteria that you will need to meet. This criteria includes:
- Specific off street parking
- An interest in using electric vehicles for work in the future
- Installation conducted by an approved workplace charging station installer.
Why should you consider installing EV chargers in the workplace?
Workplace electric vehicles bring a range of benefits and advantages to your business. These include:
- Saving money in the long run- electric vehicles use a lot less fuel than traditional vehicles, and this means that you could save more than £1,000 in just one year when running a commercial fleet or covering employee fuel costs per 10000 miles.
- Making your company more attractive to employees- being able to charge an electric vehicle while at work during the day can be a great incentive for any potential new employees starting at your business. Not only does this reduce the hassle of needing to find somewhere to charge during the day, but it also means that your employees will be more motivated and productive during the working day too.
- Reducing overall CO2 emissions- with a lot of pressure on businesses and companies to look to sustainable goals, electric vehicle charging stations can provide a good opportunity for you to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and pollution and to move towards a sustainable future. In fact, an electric vehicle can help you achieve low carbon, or zero net carbon, goals and targets.
Choose powerhouse for your EV charger installation
Here at Powerhouse we are OLEV approved EV charging experts. So by choosing us you can be sure to secure the workplace charging scheme grant, as well as being sure of high quality results and services. Why not get in touch today?