As electrical experts here at Powerhouse Electrical, we provide a wide range of services, including repair, maintenance and installation across both domestic and commercial properties. This includes hotels. Lighting design and installation is an important part of the interior design for any hotel, and this can make a big impact on both the practicality of the space and the visual design. One of the most popular options is recessed lighting. But what is this, and why is this a good option for any hotel?
What is recessed lighting?
Recessed lighting is a type of lighting fixture that is fitted inside the ceiling, wall or other surface. This means that all of the electrical work is hidden inside the surface.
What are the advantages of recessed lighting for hotels?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to choosing recessed lighting for your hotel. These include:
- Making a great first impression- recessed lighting is a versatile lighting option that can be used for anything from background lighting and ambient room lighting, to accent lighting and displays. This means that for your hotel reception space and entrance, recessed lighting can create an impressive and stylish effect that will impress your guests. You could opt for recessed wall lighting leading from the entrance towards the hotel desk, perfect for subtle lighting at night. You could also use recessed lighting to create a stunning light feature around or behind your reception desk, using these as accent lighting.
- Innovative design for hotel rooms- inside the hotel rooms themselves, recessed lighting is a fantastic way to save space and increase safety. Recessed lighting can be installed in the ceiling as downlighting and can also be installed as task lighting and wall lighting. The versatility of this lighting option means that this type of lighting can be an effective way of creating innovative lighting design in any space, including bathrooms.
- Retrofit installation options- if your hotel is not undergoing construction you may be concerned about installing recessed lighting and damaging your existing surfaces. But there are remodel fixtures that are very effective. These can be installed from the finished side of the wall or ceiling.
Considerations for recessed lighting installation
When installing recessed lighting in your hotel property there are a number of things to consider. These include:
- Space and access- the amount of space available within the surfaces is an important consideration and can influence which type of light fixture you choose. For example, some recessed lighting has a shallow base for narrow spaces.
- Safety considerations- it’s important to consider the safety of the recessed lighting. If there is insulation present, you must use an IC-rated recessed light, to prevent overheating and ensure safety. You will also need to choose wet location rated recessed lights if they will be used in bathrooms or spaces where water could be a concern.
- Professional installation- for any electrical work in your hotel you will need to hire a professional electrical team. Not only will this ensure that the work is carried out effectively and efficiently, but it can also ensure that legal standards and safety measures are upheld. A professional team can also successfully resolve any unforeseen issues.
For more information or advice about our electrical work, or for professional lighting design and installation for your property, get in touch with the experts today, here at Powerhouse.